Orchid Print Sweatshirt
J: I love the opulent sweatshirts that designers have in their collections for fall. One of my favorites is, of course, by Lanvin. However, the Altuzarra for Target version gives you the same bang for much less buck. I've paired it with an old Prada skirt and thrown on my luxe bag to elevate the look.
G: Anyone who has met me can verify that comfort is key to my happiness. My current favorite jeans are Gap's shredded boyfriend style; I wear them far too often. A cross body bag keeps it casual (and hands-free so you can master walking and texting) and a pair of yellow kicks are a fresher take than an expected black version.
Velvet loafers by Lanvin similar styles by Johnston & Murphy and Lanvin | Pleated skirt by Prada similar styles by Halogen and Alexander McQueen | Bag by Hermes ||| Ripped jeans by Gap | Yellow tennies by Replica similar style by Converse | Bag by Hermes
J: Seriously loving the trench. It is so much look for the dollar. It is honestly one of those staple pieces that will be a go-to for years to come. I love it with my Lanvin belt, which takes it up a notch, but the belt it came with is doable too. The faux fur piece from Zara takes it further into the fall season and gives it an even more luxurious look. Must have!!!
G: Currently I am obsessed with anything camouflage, and as an added benefit these have a crystal skull on the toe and pair perfectly back to the coat. A polished black bag and bright scarf make this trench perfect for running around the city--a look cute and polished enough that there is no reason to take it off.


Faux fur by Zara | Belt by Lanvin similar by McQ Alexander McQueen | Bag by Lanvin ||| Scarf by J. Crew similar at Zara | Flats by Giuseppe Zanotti
J: Love the masculine/feminine vibe for day. To take it into night I would ditch the vest and add some stilettos. Just sayin'
G: Full disclosure: the last time I worked in an actual office I was in high school, so my idea of work-appropriate outfits are fully formed by The Devil Wears Prada and whatever TV show I am currently watching (which is also the reason seeing cops chasing people in flats and not 4-inch stilettos shocks me). That said I firmly believe that there is no reason to not dress every day in a manner that won't offend Miranda Priestly. The black swiss dot blouse and tuxedo pant, paired with a tweed shell (this one by Chanel) and a pair of brogues nods at the men's influence of the pants an balances out the sweet bow on the blouse.

Vest by Chanel similar by Trina Turk | Shoes by J. Crew | Bag by Chanel
Crane sweater
J: This is one of those pieces that we thought was going to be amazing and ended up falling short. Not to say it doesn't have potential; I paired it with an old gold leather skirt from Club Monaco and belted it to give it some flair for the holidays.
G: Hated it.


Gold leather skirt by Club Monaco similar style by Boundary | Belt by Alaia similar style by McQ Alexander McQueen | Shoes by Roger Vivier | Bag by Alexander McQueen
Crane dress
J: This dress was not as spectacular in hand as it was online, but I still believe it has potential for a night out or a possible holiday party where you don't need to pull out all the stops. It definitely has sex appeal with the thigh-high slit, and adding a satin belt and glitzy clutch this dress can take you to a party.
G: Ugh. This dress. Like the sweater I loved it in theory but in practice not as much. Taking it out of the cocktail arena opened my eyes to how cool it could be in a more casual context. A leather jacket (which everyone should already own) and black over the knee boots from the same collection make it a great option for fall drinks and dinner.

Belt by Lanvin | Pumps by Lanvin | Wedges vintage YSL | Clutches by Roger Vivier ||| Leather Jacket by Barney's | Bag by Lanvin

No comments:
Post a Comment